Lead Gameplay Engineer - Metaverse Group
Remote - UK
Work on ground-breaking multiplayer titles, push the boundaries of games technology and virtual worlds, or get to grips with some of the world’s toughest security challenges. If your ambitions are high, we’ll give you the tools, support and culture to take them even higher.
We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisationfor servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology, and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Own the entire software development process and the overarching technical delivery plan within a customer project.
- Own the design of our development infrastructure and interface with other groups within Improbable to keep the customer project running smoothly.
- Expected to give and organise consistent and constructive critique on the code quality and tools within the customer project.
- Own the discipline-specific expectations of the software team and ensure they are being delivered upon.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high-quality code/tools in industry-standard timelines.
- Proactively engage in creating world-class, scalable teams that can innovate technically and experience-wise.
- Lead technical innovation in the metaverse experience space, helping industry-leading brands and IPs engage with their community in innovative ways never seen before.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game/experiences.
- Enable never before seen gameplay experiences that redefine what metaverse experiences can be and expand on real life's capabilities.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Successful history of interaction/collaboration with other development disciplines (e.g. engineering interactions with design, art, production, QA), and work with them in tandem when needed.
- Experienced with managing senior and junior programmers across multiple engineering disciplines(e.g. rendering, gameplay, networking, engine, tools, etc.), enabling them to excel and improve both themselves and the team around them using methods such as coaching, tutorials, and other important documentation.
- Lead by example, displaying a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry-standard software engineering processes. Through your work, other engineers understand and adopt best practices.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and C++ (preferable)
- A track record of heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay features and content pipelines/workflows to aid technical designers.
- An expert in a Gameplay Programmer skill-set (e.g.: Programming, debugging, maths, etc…) with shipped products that show an end-to-end understanding of the process.
- You maintain a deep understanding of common game technologies and general software development to a high standard.
- You give constructive criticism on the quality of the gameplay features within the game/experiences we build.
- You drive the team to create consistent, high-quality, scalable gameplay features and systems in industry-standard timelines.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.