Senior DevOps Engineer (Infrastructure) - Enterprise Insights
Work on ground-breaking multiplayer titles, push the boundaries of games technology and virtual worlds, or get to grips with some of the world’s toughest security challenges. If your ambitions are high, we’ll give you the tools, support and culture to take them even higher.
At Improbable, we want to help businesses navigate the increasingly more complex and intertwined world. Enterprise metaverses break down the organisational and technical siloes that have meant digital twins have not been fully exploitable by the broader business. They empower entire companies to continually optimise and prepare for the future by providing a digital representation that can be visualised, analysed, explored and experimented upon. We use enterprise metaverses to empower businesses to effectively explore future scenarios and respond to change and disruption more effectively by using digital twins and enterprise metaverses.
Enterprise Insights is a newly formed business unit of 40+ people within Improbable, and with it, there are lots of interesting engineering problems to solve. We are looking for a senior engineer to work with the Infrastructure team in developing a modern infrastructure as code solution for our development and deployment pipelines. You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself.
- Work with engineers to improve their workflow through tools, services and automation
- Build and maintain infrastructure to empower and enable our software engineering teams, examples: Ephemeral development and test environments, SDLC infrastructure (CICD, services, tools) Cost and reliability monitoring solutions
- Champion and develop engineering best practices pertaining to our domain of expertise
- Advise engineering teams on automated infrastructure, reliability, redundancy and deployability across all target environments
- Build and maintain foundational SaaS capability related to (list not exhaustive) Authentication, Authorization, Storage, Observability
- Provide office hours support for our services as a participant in the support rota
Why you're made for this
- Cloud Engineering: You have run systems on cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS or Azure, and are experienced working with ‘Infrastructure as Code’ (ideally with Terraform)
- Containerisation: Experienced with Kubernetes and Docker, as well as knowledge of Helm is a benefit but not essential
- DevSecOps: You have experience with developing and maintaining CI systems (eg Buildkite, GitHub Actions, TeamCity, Jenkins, Tekton or CircleCI) to facilitate automation of the SDLC. You have a working knowledge of CD tooling (eg AWS Code Pipelines, ArgoCD, Flux), and an understanding of how GitOps deployment models operate
- Programming: Experience with one or more programming languages, preferably including Python or Go.
- Observability: You are familiar with best practices and tools for observability including monitoring, logging, notifications, error reporting and profiling both infrastructure and the software running on it.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home, some or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.