Senior Fullstack Engineer - Solution Delivery
Work on ground-breaking multiplayer titles, push the boundaries of games technology and virtual worlds, or get to grips with some of the world’s toughest security challenges. If your ambitions are high, we’ll give you the tools, support and culture to take them even higher.
We build synthetic environments and simulations of huge scale and complexity, which help defence and national security personnel make faster and more informed decisions. You’ll work alongside a team of experts, combining our innovative technology for virtual worlds with computational modelling, data analytics and distributed systems. Join us and help build the virtual worlds defence experts use to plan, train and make life-saving decisions in – to keep us all safe in the real world.
The Solution Delivery team is responsible for the successful delivery of our customer & partner projects. We deliver solutions that are user-focused in order to solve user problems.
- Working to develop a design system consisting of reusable component libraries, style guides and guidelines.
- Provide frontend development setup config and tooling that speeds up the development of the customer solutions teams.
- Collaborate with product development and project teams across the defence business and with members of other engineering teams to find the best path to delivering a high-quality solution.
- Work on back-end service and data architectures, and front-end web applications as required.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies that could be applied to our work within Improbable.
- Work in a rapidly changing environment which prioritises customer and user needs. You will pragmatically balance delivery and quality, changing your focus based on the project stage.
- Set up, develop and maintain project pipelines and infrastructure.
- Review engineer's work to enable the highest quality of code to be delivered for all projects.
Why You're Made For This
- Experience configuring and deploying database technologies (relational and document-based)
- Experience working on Single Page Web Applications with a modern framework (React, Vue, Angular etc.)
- Experience engineering back-end microservice architectures (preferred)
- Previous experience working as part of an Agile product development team
- Experience working with RESTful and gRPC services
- Experience in Typescript and Redux
- Exposure to Node, Yarn Workspaces, PnP, Lerna, DeckGL, and RxJS is not mandatory but a plus
- Experience in CI/CD, deploying in the cloud and using cloud native components and products (e.g. GCloud)