Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
Join our defence and national security business and you’ll be helping users plan and train to meet the most complex security threats in the world. Working alongside experts in AI and Machine Learning, computational modelling and distributed systems, you’ll be putting multiplayer technology to life-saving use.
The Customer Engineering team is responsible for everything our wide range of users see and interact with. The technology we build has the potential to be immensely impactful for our users. Our team, therefore, has the difficult challenge of taking complex data and interactions and making them accessible to users.
We work very closely with users to distill what their problems are and how we can best solve them. We then rapidly iterate on designing, building, and validating that anything we are deploying solves our user critical problems.
We are working on a number of customer projects building web applications for operational planning, tactical training, and decision support. We are very early in our journey and there are various parts to this that are worth unpacking.
These applications allow users to create and design plans for scenarios to be simulated. This includes physical elements such as placing units on a map as well as orchestrating their movements over time, but extends much further to include other domains and elements, such as economic, information and diplomatic interventions. For this we use mapbox-gl, along with various sources of geospatial data
- As part of a project team, you will contribute to opinions, best practices and technology choices to set us up for delivering the best possible solutions to our customers.
- You will work closely with product managers, designers and scientific modellers to help determine and design what we will build.
- Write coherent, logically abstracted and well-structured code.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with members of other engineering teams to find the best path to delivering a high-quality solution.
- You will determine the best methods for extracting long-term product value from our customer projects.
- You may be a lead on a squad for a customer project, ensuring the technical delivery success of the project.
- You will support the line manager in growing and mentoring a team of full stack and front-end engineers. You will help to develop and share knowledge within the team.
Why You're Made For This:
- Typescript, React, Redux, GoLang are a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience with Node, Python, GoLang, Typescript, React, AQL, gRPC are a plus but are not mandatory.
- Experience working with back-end systems OR a background in Computer Science are a plus, but not mandatory.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.