Software Engineer - Product Engineering, Skyral Services
Join our defence and national security business and you’ll be helping users plan and train to meet the most complex security threats in the world. Working alongside experts in AI and Machine Learning, computational modelling and distributed systems, you’ll be putting multiplayer technology to life-saving use.
We build synthetic environments and simulations of huge scale and complexity, which help defence and national security personnel make faster and more informed decisions. You’ll work alongside a team of experts, combining our innovative technology for virtual worlds with computational modelling, data analytics and distributed systems. Join us and help build the virtual worlds defence experts use to plan, train and make life-saving decisions in – to keep us all safe in the real world.
- Build a next-generation product which will help government defence institutions gain a richer understanding of their most critical problems through the power of synthetic environments.
- Build APIs and Tools using Golang that will enable engineers to build products on the Skyral platform
- Work closely with our applied scientists and model engineers to create intuitive and efficient APIs.
- Enable our customers ( engineers, modellers, scientists ) to solve higher-order problems by abstracting away the implementation details of creating new synthetic environments.
- Contribute to the services and tools used to compose, compile, launch, orchestrate, monitor, test and debug simulations
- Own the continuous integration and deployment of the tools and services we author
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience working with multiple programming languages, including Golang and Python
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker or similar container management platforms
- You have experience working at the service and API level
- You write maintainable, testable, reliable and efficient code
- You are comfortable working with ambiguous needs and use agile methods to help navigate and resolve them.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.