Technical (Unreal/UMG) UI/UX Designer
Remote - UK
Join our defence and national security business and you’ll be helping users plan and train to meet the most complex security threats in the world. Working alongside experts in AI and Machine Learning, computational modelling and distributed systems, you’ll be putting multiplayer technology to life-saving use.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Work closely with UI Artists, Game Designers and Engineers to develop intuitive and innovative interfaces.
- Create interfaces that are easy to modify by UI Artists, UX & Game Designers.
- Be a bridge between UI Art and UI Engineering teams.
- Read and understand all game design documentation in order to understand the intended user experience.
- Understand, respect technical constraints of the platform and implement interfaces according to those.
- Make sure that all game information is clearly, consistently and relevantly conveyed through the various user interfaces.
Why You're Made For This:
- Competency in making and structuring User Widgets assets, both in the designer view and via blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with C++ in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in implementing UI/UX designs in AAA, indie, or mod games in Unreal Engine.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists and engineers to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
- Interest in UI/UX design trends and user journeys.
- Basic knowledge in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.